Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Lake Windermere excitement

Now my mum, dad and the son have been away for a few days....did they take me I can hear you ask. Well no, actually they didn't take me but instead I was left at Jennies with lots of other lovely doggies to play with. I love Jennie as she lets us roam round her house just like it was ours. You can sleep on the sofas, sleep on the beds, in fact, do what you like. Now isn't that a lady who knows how to treat a dog!

The family went off to the Lake District to meet up with lots of friends for a special weekend. These friends come from all over the place and they all met at Fell Foot park that is on Lake Windermere for a picnic. One of mums friends lives by the Lake and went home to get his canoe and the son was desperate for a go...... Guess who fell in? Yep the silly son! Mum nearly stopped breathing on the spot as he couldn't get back on the canoe. The currents on the Lake are very strong and he was getting dragged further away from the shore. Some very horrible people went past on their boats and never even asked if the son needed any help. My mum called them a few names I think. Anyway, some very kind teenagers towed the son to shore. The son was very tired and tearful when he got a big hug from mum though!

I heard my mum telling her friend on the phone that while they were at the Lake they met a dog who was just wonderful. He was a labradoodle called Jack. Here he is looking very handsome and playful....why wasn't I there to play with him!

Mum has promised that the next time they go to the Lakes they will take me with them. I hope they do as I really like to swim in those lakes and chase the ducks and birds. I like Ambleside as they sell great ice cream on the edge of the Lake there!

6 comments:

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

What a shame your mum didn't take you. Sounds like you had fun though. Did you get more treats because your mum felt guilty leaving you behind? Hope so! Hehehe. J x

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

ooooh poor son! What a shock for him and your Mama Loui! Has she started breathing again yet?

Some people are so horrible, I am glad the kind teenagers helped out.

What a darn drama eh?

I am so pleased you are back blogging, and you had a good time at Jennies, can I stay there pleeeeeese?

love and licks, Marvin xxxxxx

ps My mum has just emailed yours!

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Hi Loui,
Sounds like a good time was had by all - you at Jennie's place and the family at the Lakes. Glad to hear that someone did finally help your mum with her son! The Labradoodle is a great looking dog. They are quite popular in Oz with people who have allergies to dog hair. Here's hoping that next time you get to go along as well.
Licks
Jazz and Dixie

Smudge said...

Hi Loui

Windermere sounds great, and I'm glad the son is ok. It's a shame you didn't get to go, now I want to go too but mum says it's too far!

Jack looks lovely, hope you get to play with him.

Smudge x

Nugget said...

Glad to hear the son is OK. My mum left me behind and went on a camping trip... what is wrong with these hoomans?

Licks,
Nugget

Simba and Jazzi said...

Looks like fun, hope you get to go next time.

Simba xx