Friday, February 16, 2007

I've been on my holidays!

I have just got back from a wonderful holiday break up to Lancashire and the Lake District. Mum, Dad and the son all come along too and we had a fantastic time visiting some of mum and dads friends who moved "ooop narf" and who mum misses lots and lots. We had lots of bracing walks along the beach and when the tide was in we walked on the prom. It was very windy this day and there were winds of 70 miles per hour coming in off the Irish sea. I am so lucky I wasn't blown away!

We went up to the Lake District and had the most fantastic time with lots of walks and even a dip in Lake Windermere...well, until the swan decided to come over and hiss at me. What a cheek, I was only enjoying the water and was longing for a swim but everytime I got in the water that swan come and told me off!

Me and the son fed the ducks....until the swans come over to tell me off again!

I made a wish in the wishing well. I can't tell you what I wished for as they say it won't come true but let us just say it was something to eat.....

Oooh look! My wish come true in the shape of a lovely ice cream. They were the most wonderful ice creams. They were dipped in a hot chocolate sauce that went all hard on the ice cream. Mmmmmmm.....

On the way home I knew dad was worn out from all the driving (he didn't let mum drive once you know!) so I decided to help him drive and keep an eye out for all those pesky bad drivers that I hear him shouting about! Mum says: Loui did have his harness on and was nearly being choked here but he just had to be near to his dad!

I was so pleased to get home and sleep on mum and dads lovely bed, sleep on the sons bed, sleep on all the sofas, sleep on my other beds oh and to eat some home cooking again! Bliss!

18 comments:

Joe Stains said...

that looks like a great time! I need to wish for some ice cream!

Boo Casanova said...

wow, that's some holiday you have there.

glad you are back!

wet wet licks

Boo

Headgirl said...

Great holiday pic's. My boy loved holidays too & often sat up front to help me drive!

Simba and Jazzi said...

oh my dog, you got ice cream!!

Simba x

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Wow, that looks like a great holiday, hissing swans aside.

I'm so needing to try some ice cream.

Licks (on an ice cream please mum!)
Oscar x

Boo Casanova said...

btw loui,

please vote for me for the DWB's Awesome Blog Award.

wet wet licks

Boo

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

ooooooh Loui! Just a few more hundred miles or so and you could have been with me!

Missing you already Pal!

love and licks Marvinxxxxx

Jilly said...

What a handsome dog Loui is. Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog - really nice of you to pass by.

Great photos.

Jilly

http://life-with-dogs/blogspot.com

Scrappy and Pebbles said...

Loui that looked like a marvelous holiday, I love to wade into our lake too. Funny we have a lake here down under called Windermere also

Tail wags
~Scrappy

Onion said...

Coo that looks like fun! I'm hoping to make it to the Lake District later this year, so I might have to follow in your pawprints!
Good to have you back though.
Big lick,
Onion
X

Kevin the Collie said...

Looks great, Loui: hope you took some warm blankets with you for those chilly northern nights. Glad you all had a nice break, Kevon the Collie xx

Boomer and his mom Carol said...

Oh Loui - you are so lucky that you live in such a gorgeous part of the world. I am glad you didn't get blow away by the wind, though it would have been fun if you blew all the way to California to see me!

JAZZ AND DIXIE said...

Loui,
Those are some really nice pics from your hoilday. You really are a good looking pup. We too love ice cream - just the mention of the word makes us got nuts!!
Licks,
Jazz and Dixie

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Loui - missing you!? What you been up to lately?????

love and sad licks, Marv xxxxxx

Cash said...

What a nice holiday...and ice cream too!!! WOW, you are one lucky doggie!!
Jasper

Tin Tin Blogdog said...

Woooohoooooo Loui,

a great holiday complete with ice cream. (Bow)wow!

You know what, looking at you slurping that megalicious ice cream...you kinda look like a choc-dipped ice cream yourself, know what I mean?

That has to be the biggest compliment one doog can give another: you look yummy enough to eat.

Chow for now,

Tin Tin xo

Sophie Brador said...

You are a handsome lad! And even more so in your own home. Welcome back!

The Sloth said...

Looks like you hads a fab time in the lakes - that's the life eh?! Feel like I need a holiday myself now