Saturday, March 10, 2007

The birthday celebrations!

So tomorrow is my birthday.....I will be the grand old age of 2!

Mum and dad decided to take me to Jolleys in Enfield to buy some lovely things to put into doggy bags for all my fellow walkers tomorrow up the park. Only problem is that we are going out so my birthday will have to be postponed until Monday. Mum wanted to make a doggy birthday cake for me and my friends too but she has somehow managed to loose the special recipe she found. I really will have to get her a new memory as she seems to be very forgetful these days...it must be her age!

Hmmmm.......these look very intersting!

Hang on! These biscuits look even more interesting and they are there waiting for me to sample.....or are they? Will the big man come and tell me off or even worse come and tell mum off?!

Bonios anyone?

This bacon bone was left there on the floor and it was just oh so tempting......

......so I investigated it and sniffed it and pawed it and sniffed it again and then decided that I didn't like the smell.

We got enough stuff to make up 10 birthday party bags. I must get dad to put them in the car first thing in the morning so as not to forget them. His memory is as bad as mums at times....now that really is his age!

I was really hoping for that cake but I am sure mum will find where she put the recipe and make the cake for me and my friends.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Loui! Happy Birthday! Hope you have an excellent birthday and with bags like that it looks like you will be having a great one. Chew a bone for me!

Love and Licks,
Texas (and his humans).

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Loui,

Happy Barkday buddy :-) I hope you have a wonderful day - full of treats and extra hugs and kisses :-)

Lots of love
Opy

T-man Angel said...

Wow, your mom is so nice to make doggie gift bags for your party. I've never had a doggie party before. It must be a blast!! Will Cliffy be there?

Have a very happy birthday!!!

T-man

Molly the Airedale said...

Happy birthday Loui! I hope you get lots of pressies and that cake you were promised!

Hugs,
Maggie

Loui (and his mum!) said...

Aw thanks eveyone! I am so excited today and can't wait to see all my friends to give them their doggie bags....and yes t-man, Cliffy will be there!!

Loui...another year older today!

xx

Cash said...

Happy Birfday!!!! YAY
I hope you have a great pawty and get lots of pressies!!
Jasper

Boo Casanova said...

happy birthday loui boy!

wishing you have another wonderful wonderful year!

wet wet licks

Boo

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Sorry it's late in the day, but hope you had a fab birthday!

I would so be hoovering up all the treats in that shop, that's just way too tempting!!!

Licks
Oscar x

Joe Stains said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Headgirl said...

Belated Birthday Greetings!
You so remind me of 'My one true love' a wonderful Springer!
Pats & strokes to you!

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Happy Barkday for tomorrow Loui! So glad you are back with us too! We have missed you!!

oooooh the birthday cake sounded as if it would have been good......perhaps your Mum will remember the recipe in time! Paws crossed. Have a grrrrrrreat day.

and hey, those Bonios looked mighty tasty!

love and licks Marv xxxxx

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oooops! Jeannie's lost her brain too! I have just noticed your barkday was yesterday.....! So belated greetings to you!

love Marv xxxxx

Sophie Brador said...

Wooee Hooee, Happy Birthday Loui!

Freda said...

Hey Loui,

It must be a humans thing. My typist forgots to check the cooools DWB calendar. So hope you had a reeeallys groovys BDay.

You've got a reeeallys neato place to shop. There is a place in town where they have pet stuffs but EVERYTHING in is plastic. Come on, SAVE THE PLANET!!! peoples. The fab shops are far, far away in that galaxys. So I have to depend on my humans to make the right choices. Ruff!

Again, Happy Bdays!

Wuufs!

Freda (Ƨ)

P.S.
Somethin' reeeallys weird... Dad was listenin' to Moby when he had to type the funny word at the bottom and the funny word spelled 'Moby' plus some other letters left overs. Cooools!

Tin Tin Blogdog said...

Hey there Loui,

happy happy burpday to ya, doooog. I hope you had a great day and that you got LOTS of bones and treats.

Chow for now,

Tin Tin xo

Loui (and his mum!) said...

Thank you all sooo much for your birthday wishes..I had a lovely day and was spoilt rotten!

I love you all!

Loui xx

Simba and Jazzi said...

Loui, Mummy and Daddy took me to Jolleys a couple of weeks ago. I was shaking and crying, they have promised not to take me back there again. They wonder if I remembered when I was a little puppy there.

Simba xx

Boomer and his mom Carol said...

Oh Loui, I'm so sorry I am late with your birthday - I have been taking care of mom and grandma lately.

I hope you had a wonderful day, you definitely deserve it!

Unknown said...

looks like our birthday close to each other.. hahaha. happy belated birthday!

Kevin the Collie said...

Love it - I am always tempted when they put the treats in sniffing distance, too. I've put your pic on my blog.
Kevin the Collie